Goodwin Brothers Shades & Specialties is a family owned company in business for more than ten years. Goodwin Brothers provides window treatments, projection screens, window film and other specialty items to general contractors, developers, and high end residential owners located in the Mid-Atlantic area. We have offices in Rockville, MD and Claymont, DE.
Goodwin Brothers is committed to a “customer-first” culture where we take care of their needs. We believe that it takes a high-performing team to meet those needs and we strive to provide a positive workplace that is productive and healthy.
Goodwin Brothers Shades & Specialties provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Goodwin Brothers Shades & Specialties complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Carpenter/Lead Installer Details
JOB TITLE: Carpenter/Lead Installer – Window Treatments
Work Location: Claymont, DE
The Carpenter/Lead Installer uses skilled techniques to perform installation tasks independently in building interiors at new construction and built-out sites including open floor plans. Uses advanced shop mathematics to plan, measure and lay out materials for more complex and exact projects; measures, cuts and affixes material and components for installation of horizontal and vertical blinds, manual shades and electro shades.
- Plans and carries out installation projects from initial layout to completion.
- Installs brackets, components and vertical and horizontal blinds, manual shades or electro shades and components.
- Skilled in the use and operation of hand tools: power drills, screw drivers and hand saws, miter boxes, laser levels, hammers, and measuring tapes.
- Interprets complex instructions, sketches, blue prints and wiring schematics
- Able to determine the proper size and type of substitute materials required.
- Responsible for job site management
- Maintains project punch list and debriefs Operations department on daily progress.
- Climbs ladders while maneuvering material; holds material over head while securing material in place. May perform work on elevated platforms up to 50 feet high.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. This position may require long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. Three years’ experience as window treatment installer. Skilled with using hand tools and demonstrates detailed knowledge of window treatment products, materials and components.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.